Cornwall service maintains overall `Good' rating
We are delighted to report that our domiciliary and supported living care service in Cornwall has maintained an overall rating of `good’ for their recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection.
Advance Cornwall provides care and support to people in their own homes. This includes people with general physical health needs, mental health needs, and learning disabilities. The care ranges from a few hours of support a week up to 24 hour care for people in supported living.
Our service in Cornwall was rated `good’ in all five domains reviewed by the CQC. Just a few of the positive aspects the inspectors noted were:
- A culture of openness and honesty and staff felt able to raise concerns or suggestions
- A stable and consistent staff team who knew people well and had received training specific to their needs
- Staff enjoying their work and being well supported through supervision, appraisals and training
- The management team had a clear set of values - PRIDE (Partnership, Respect, Innovation, Drive and Efficiency) principles.
- People were involved in choosing the staff that supported them with efforts were made to match staff with people by identifying shared interests and hobbies
- People’s feedback of the service was positive and staff treated them respectfully and asked how they wanted their care and support to be provided
- People felt safe with the staff who supported them
- People's feedback about their experience of the service was positive. People said staff treated them respectfully and asked them how they wanted their care and support to be provided.
- Risk assessments clearly identified any risk and gave staff guidance on how to minimise risk while allowing people to develop and maintain their independence
- Staff were confident about what action to take if they had any safeguarding concerns
Area Manager, Di Benden said: “Getting a good rating in all five domains is a credit to the team for their hard work and dedication. We don’t take anything for granted and are really pleased with the outcome.”
Easy read version of report here
Read the full report here