Autism strategy published
The Government has published a strategy to support people with autism. Find here a link to a Learning Disability today article which summarises the strategy, funding, focus and also reaction to it.
A link to the Gov.uk strategy document is here.
The strategy sets out six key areas in which to make improvements for autistic people.
- Improving understanding and acceptance of autism within society
- Improving autistic children and young people’s access to education and supporting positive transitions into adulthood
- Supporting more autistic people into employment
- Tackling health and care inequalities for autistic people
- Building the right support in the community and supporting people in inpatient care
- Improving support within the criminal and youth justice systems
As an organisation we already have a focus on several of these key areas. These are underlined above.
We are proud to provide housing and support to many people with autism and will continue to do so.